Copper Mountain - elev. 9712'
Copper Mountain is the resort community located at the base of Copper Mountain Ski Resort.
Why we love Copper:
- Once you get there, you never really have to leave. Spend the day out on the slopes, take a free bus ride (or walk if you're lucky!) back to your condo, head out again on foot to any number of restaurants with great food and atmosphere, catch a show in the main plaza at night, then do it all over again the next day.
- Copper has a huge indoor events and conference center as well as the large Burning Stones plaza for outdoor events
- The summers at Copper have many family-friendly activities, ranging from a kid's zip line, to paddle boats, to giant chess pieces and mini-golf
- The après ski $3 beers at many of Copper's bars and restaurants are a nice way to end a day of skiing
- Since Copper is not part of the Vail Resorts company, and doesn't share a pass with the other resorts in Summit County, it tends to be less crowded, especially on the weekdays