Frisco, CO - elev. 9097'
Looking for things to do in Frisco, Colorado?
What we love about Frisco:
- Everyone I've ever met who lives in Frisco swears it's the perfect mountain town.
- With easy access to I-70 it's just a short drive down the road to Copper Mountain or Vail, and an easy commute down to Denver (provided you don't get caught up in Sunday traffic!).
- Picturesque views of Mt. Royal and a great trail system that winds through the woods, complete with streams, rivers, and Rainbow lake (an awesome picnic spot on a hot summer day)
- Charming Main Street with inviting boutique shops
- Free Wifi and freshly roasted coffee at Rocky Mountain Coffee Roasters on the West end of town and Abby's Coffee on the East end of town
- Newly built condos just off Main Street as well as large luxury homes in the Reserve
- The tubing hill with a huge new adventure center building (plus some smaller sledding hills your kids will absolutely love - for free!)
- The Frisco peninsula with trails galore, including many paths right along the shores of lake Dillon
- The summer's must-attend events, including the BBQ Challenge in June
- Bonfires at the marina
- The annual Easter Egg hunt on the lawn at the historic museum
- The Free Historic Park and Museum open year round
- The playground area at Walter Byron Park
- The brand new Whole Foods Market for fresh organic gourmet delights for the foodies, as well as a Walmart for picking up those few essentials that you may have accidentally left back at home
- The little sandy "beach" at the marina for the kids in the summer
- You can rent kayaks, canoes, and stand-up paddle boards at the marina and take them out on the lake
- The Summit County Stage free bus system connects all the towns - just hop on and off at your convenience. Two of the easiest routes, however, are from Frisco Main Street to Copper Mountain and from Frisco Main/Granite Street to Breckenridge. Both busses drop you off right at the main entrance of the ski resorts so it's even easier (most locals say) than driving and parking your car.