Silverthorne - elev. 8730' - pop. approx. 4300
Nestled below the breathtaking Gore Range, Silverthorne sits as 8730' feet above sea level.
Why we love Silverthorne:
- Silverthorne is the first town you come to as you descend into Summit County from the Eisenhower tunnel. This makes it about 20 min. closer to Denver than Breckenridge.
- The snows melts faster in Silverthorne compared to higher elevations such as Breckenridge or Copper Mountain
- The rec center offers a huge line up of programs, from kid's camps, to fitness classes, and adult and youth sports leagues
- My kids insist Rainbow Park (located next to the rec center) is the best playground in the entire county!
- For shopping, you've got the Outlet stores (including Gap, Coach, Banana Republic, Pearl Izumi), Target, Murdoch's
- The gorgeous Blue River, a fisherman's paradise
- Keep heading North out of Silverthorne and you'll come to Green Mountain reservoir near the tiny town of Heeney - don't forget your camping gear, boat and water skis!
- The view of the Gore Range is breathtaking
- The newly opened Performing Arts Center and Silverthorne Pavillion
- Silverthorne has big plans for the future, including a new pedestrian walking mall area on 4th street
- The North Pond Park next to Silverthorne Elementary is a great place to take your furry friends in need of a swim, or your human kids in need of a swim, and is a perfect place for the newbie SUPs.
- The new housing development, Summit Sky Ranch, is the closet Summit County has to a true Country Club, complete with community activities and events.